We’ve been writing about our travels for a few years now but it was only last year that we started to get really serious about it and decided to start Where’s My Passport. Sometimes we wonder if we are actually getting recognised so it was lovely to see that Ben and Charli at Wanderlusters had nominated us for the Liebster Blog Award.
The award is given to up and coming bloggers and allows them to get more exposure and hopefully more readers. And it gives you the chance to get to know them better.
Here’s eleven random facts about us:
- Nat is a Friends addict! She has to watch it everyday even though she’s seen them a gazillion times before.
- Stu doesn’t like cheese unless its melted.
- Nat was bridesmaid for the lead dancer and lead entertainer of the Moulin Rouge. Probably the closest she’ll get to attending a celebrity wedding.
- Stu is obbsessed with Lego and Kidrobot.
- We didn’t want a traditional wedding so we got married in the Icebar and had our reception at Hard Rock Cafe.
- Stu has a New York painting that he’s been working on for the last 5 years. He will finish it soon…honest!
- Nat spends far too much time reading. If she got paid for it she’d be a millionaire.
- We’re looking to buy a French Bulldog and we’ll call him Neville.
- Stu spends most of his Saturday mornings (when not travelling) digging away at his allotment.
- Nat’s terrified of cats and once got stuck in her car for 20 minutes because a cat was sitting in her path.
Our answers to the questions from Ben and Charli:
If your budget was unlimited, what would your itinerary include?
Ooo this is a tough one. We’d fly East and start in Japan before going to Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma, Borneo and Thailand. The budget would allow us to travel each country thoroughly and we’d have all the time in the world.
Stu would add an arctic adventure and the Galapagos Islands to that list.
What’s the best piece of advice you could give us?
Don’t think about it, just do it. You don’t know when you’ll have the opportunity again so grab it with both hands and make the most of it.
Where do you call home?
Because we’re not round the world travellers, Stoke on Trent in England has always been our home. London is our second home though. We love our capital city and go there a few times a year.
What (if anything) inspired your desire for travel?
Nat: When I was younger I had this thirst for travel. Although I went away a lot with my parents, it was always to the same places and always a beach holiday which was never enough for me. As soon as Stu and I went on our first holiday together to the Dominican Republic, I knew I’d found my travel buddy.
Stu: I’m keen on photography and want to capture the world through a lens.
What’s the one ‘unnecessary’ item you always pack?
Nat: That extra pair of shoes ‘just in case’. I know I’ll never wear them because I live in my flip flops or Converse, but you never know. Stu packs far too many cables that he never seems to use.
Who would you most like to invite for dinner?
Stu: I’d like to invite Professor Brian Cox because of my inner geek and I find him fascinating with all of his scientific knowledge.
Which member of your family do you take after?
Stu: I take after my Dad. I’ve got the brains – I’m clever and intelligent and stupid (clumsy) things always happen to me.
Nat: Stu says I take after my Mum because I like to gossip and we’re both terrible together. But I’m like my Dad because I’m laid back and I know how to have a good time.
Which is your preferred method of transport? Air, Land or Sea?
At the moment we generally fly everywhere but we’re currently converting our VW T4 into a camper van. As soon as she’s finished we plan on a road trip to Croatia and we’ll probably travel Europe a lot more on the road.
What’s your worst habit?
Stu: I can switch off and drown people out, even in the middle of a conversation. It’s not intentional, it just comes from growing up in a large, noisy family.
Nat: I’m impatient. It’s usually aimed at Stu when I’m waiting around for him or when the kettles boiled and he’s not making the tea.
Have you ever lost anything on your travels?
We’re quite good at always checking we have everything with us. I think the only thing we lost was Stu’s lens cap when he got crushed in a crowd trying to get on a bus in Sydney.
What do you aspire to achieve in your lifetime?
Nat: My biggest ambition is to see and experience the world. If I haven’t done this before I die, I won’t have achieved my dreams.
Stu: I want to have a photo exhibition, or have a photograph published in the National Geographic…or own my own boat. Or achieve all three.
Here’s the eleven bloggers that we’d like to award for The Liebster Blog Award:
Bryan, Jessica, Shades and Lindsey from A Six Pack of Stories
Claire and Laura from Two 4 Travel
Sam and Sarah from Food Travel Bliss
Nic from Bennys Planet
Kae Lani Kennedy from A Travel Broad
Jaclyn from Jaclyn’s Jaunts
Lavanya and Pawel from Iced Chai
Olivia from Powered by Tofu
Natalie, Steve and their boys from Family in a Van
Nessie from Wanderlustness
Eloise and Stuart from Am I Nearly There Yet
The questions we’d like our nominated bloggers to answer are:
- What’s the strangest thing that’s happened to you on your travels?
- What item could you not travel without?
- When you’re not travelling, what do you spend most of your free time doing?
- What’s the one place you’d tell people to visit and why?
- What’s the silliest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s your biggest achievement?
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what 5 music tracks would you have?
- They say a picture says a thousand words, what one photo means the most to you and why?
- How do you cope with missing home when you’re travelling?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- Who’s your biggest inspiration?
These are the rules for the nominated bloggers:
- Link back to the blogger that nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 new questions